A Brief History of Biddenden Village Rifle Club.

Biddenden Village Rifle Club is the last remaining section of the Biddenden Mens Club that provided sporting facilities, table tennis, snooker etc to the menfolk of the village. The Mens Club built a 2 firing point 25yd indoor range alongside the Biddenden Club House that is still in use today.

The club became a member of the Society of Miniature Rifle Clubs (SWMCRC) in November 1910 and became affiliated to the National Smallbore Rifle Association in 1958 after the SWMCRC changed its name.  In the absence of documentary evidence of the clubs existence prior to its joining the Society of Miniature Rifle Clubs we decided to celebrate our cetenary in November 2010. 2010 also marked the centenary of the Biddenden Club House building

It would appear that the club has run continuously since it started apart from a brief interlude when the club house was used as a hospital ward during the war. Despite beng a small local club wedraw membership from all over Kent and have members from as far away as Rye. The club has over the years provided a good representation in the Kent County rifle teams and in 2010 have the Kent County Short Range Champion as a member



We would like to expand ths page and would welcome input from anyone who can help fill in the gaps.










Copyright(c) 2007 Biddenden Village Rifle Club. All rights reserved.


Web hosting by FreeVirtualServers